Shoparoo welcomes the involvement of PTAs and PTOs in school fundraising!
By default, a donation check is written out to the school. A school can only be listed in our program once, but upon request we can issue the check to the school PTA/PTO instead of the school. The school listing will then have "PTA/PTO" added to the end of the name so parents know exactly where the money is headed.
Before this can happen, a PTA/PTO member must provide us with the following information:
- Full School Name:
- Full School Mailing Address:
- Payable to name for Check:
- Tax ID (since the check is considered a charitable contribution):
- Webpage to confirm the PTA/PTO:
- Point of Contact for Emergencies (name, email, and phone number):
You can provide this information to us in the "Questions & Feedback" section of the app by selecting the topic "PTA/PTO Registration".
Shoparoo is temporary holding off on adding new schools, homeschool organizations, and nonprofit pre-schools.
If you'd rather have your school added to the waitlist, check out this article!