Roo Points expire after 90 days (3 months) of inactivity in the app, as stated in our Terms and Conditions. To stay active and make sure your account isn't deactivated, you must upload a receipt or complete a bonus opportunity to earn in the app.
Why do Roo Points expire?
As you probably know by now, Shoparoo is part of a market research company that anonymizes and aggregates receipt data. Along with answers to optional surveys, this data is used to create reports for major brands and retailers looking to learn more about American shopper behavior and attitudes towards products.
Shoparoo funnels the money earned for these reports back to your school and thousands of other schools across the nation. We've donated over $1.5 million dollars and counting!
The only way we can afford to pay these donations is with consistent shopping and dining receipt data. When someone stops using the app for a significant period of time, the accuracy of our data greatly declines, ultimately affecting our ability to generate the necessary funds.
Here are some tips to stay active:
- Make sure your app notifications are turned on - we'll send the occasional reminder to help you stay on track with your fundraising
- Use the weekly receipt upload reminder - located in the Profile page of your Shoparoo app, choose a day and time to receive a weekly reminder to upload!
- Use Grade Competitions - Crowd source your motivation with everyone fundraising at your school to stay on top!
- Consistently upload your everyday receipts - the best way to stay active in the app and earn for your school!
- Keep your supporters engaged - Check out the Getting Started page for resources that you can use to spread word about Shoparoo!
Roo Points reset to 0?
They haven't expired!
Schools that reach at least 25,000 Roo Points by the end of the fundraising year (Aug 31st) have their points cashed out for a fundraising check, resetting their school's total to 0 for the new fundraising year.
If your school earns less than 25,000 Roo Points by the end of the fundraising year (Aug 31st), then the Roo Points will roll over into the next school year for a kickstart to your fundraising! Read more about Roo Point rollover here!